I traded my port mannings around a bit, so that I can be sure to get off the ship in the places I've never been before. As a result I had IPM today. It was a bit of a bummer not to have the day ashore, as it is sandwiched between 4 sea days on either side of it. I did manage to get plenty of things done while the ship was quiet, like laundry, practicing, and business at the crew office. I like that feeling when the ship is relatively empty and quiet, it is relaxing and makes you feel a bit exclusive somehow.
Luckily, however, the cocktail pianist Dymitry covered my IPM for an hour while he had to be working, so I did get to stretch my legs and breathe some fresh air. I had a wander down to chinatown where I bought some fresh cherries, and through some of the other shopping areas. I got some good Kona coffee grounds to enjoy for a while (the coffee on the ship is rather questionable...and I am borrowing a french press, fortunately). I was a couple minutes late back on board, but no one noticed. :-) it was a wonderful hour.
Back on board I got to call home and chat to my parents for a while, the last action my Verizon cell phone will see until June. I stayed out on deck and watched the sailaway and sunset. It was beautiful. I was sad to leave....couldn't we stay in Hawaii for a week or two?? But no, its onward to Pago Pago, another 4 days at sea away.
Later I got to go eat in the main restaurant with Jane, since I had a night off. It was her first time there, we both really enjoyed ourselves. Afterward I hung out with her in the print shop while she finished up the day's printing.
------------------
Mont Blanc
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wouldn't mind an hour in Honolulu! Trade ya!
Post a Comment