Mont Blanc

Monday, February 20, 2012

Auckland, NZ

I know this doesn't really excite many of you since I was stuck on the ship today on port manning. But the day was not a loss - a piece of Auckland actually came on board the ship to see ME! My friend Karen, a youth staff worker on the Norwegian Majesty when I was there, is an Auckland native. She had enough time today to come on board and get a tour of the ship from me. We were able to get approval to eat up at the buffet as well, so that was really nice. It was great to see her again and catch up. While we stood out on the bow it turned out her mom works in a building right on the pier, and waved to us from a window on maybe the 7th story. After Karen left I took advantage of my free time to practice and do a load of laundry. In the afternoon those of us on IPM had to man the pax drill for those guests newly embarking in Auckland. We musicians were posted in a crew stairway, oddly, so we had nothing to do during said drill, but still had to stay until it was over. (Hence the photo on facebook of us in life vests and guide caps, looking very bored). Since our band had the night off, Jane and I watched about half a dozen episodes of How I Met Your Mother back to back. Good night. :-)
------------------

1 comment:

Dewman said...

Ha ha! I remember you posting that you had port manning and couldn't go out to see your Auckland friend. Neat that she came to you!