Adelaide turned out to be just as amazing as I was hoping. Tracy's mom Marion picked us up at the ship bright and early, before 7am, and whisked us away to north Adelaide for breakfst in a nice restaurant there. Then we headed to Tracy's house, which is absolutely beautiful, with a big backyard complete with a nice pool. After giving us the house tour, Tracy was itching to drive her neglected car, so she took us on a hair-raising speed drive around the hills near her house. It was really fun, and neat to see some of the countryside and views of the city from the hilltops. Next we went back to Tracy's and settled in there for the afternoon. He parents provided an amazing barbecue and we got to meet 6 or 7 of Tracy's friends. We ate and ate and drank and drank and ate some more......it was wonderful. Marion and John are amazing cooks and incredible hosts. We even had kangaroo fresh from the barbie. :-) We reluctantly headed back to the ship that afternoon. Both Tim and I agree that the whole experience kindof felt as if we were at our own homes, enjoying "real life." It was a fantastic day.
I had a great day in Melbourne with my friend Alex who works in the casino. We went to the top of Eureka Skydeck - the highest observation deck in the Southern Hemisphere! We took some great photos of the city, ate ice cream while taking in the view, and even payed extra for "the Edge experience" which takes you on see-through glass out over the side of the building. After that I revisited a coffee shop Nick had taken us to last time we were here. After wandering the city a bit we found a river-side carnival or fair, with rides and games. We did one of the scary rides (fun!!), lost a carnival game (as you do), and ate hot dogs and slushies. It was a really fantastic day of unexpected fun.
I'm coming down to the end of time time here, and am trying to squeeze everything in - getting off in port, packing, spending time with friends, and occasionally sleeping. I've also decided to put together an audition for Cirque de Soleil back home, so that is keeping me busy and a bit stressed also. With God's help I will keep everything balanced and get everything done before I leave!!
Mont Blanc
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So I imagine that kangaroo tastes a little like chicken?? I don't think I could have eaten it! It is hard to believe that you are on the last leg of your journey. Keep having fun!!!!
Cirque de Soleil, eh? Wonder where you heard about that one! Hope you and your brother both make it onto the show. Good luck! Love, Dad
... You ate kangaroo???!!!
When I was in Chicago last September, I was up in the old Sears tower/building that has a similar glass pop-out. When you step out onto it, you feel like you are standing on air 40+ stories up. Eerie, unnatural and exciting all at the same time. Whew!
Post a Comment