2 days and counting until our road trip begins! This afternoon before the concert we'll do some shopping to prepare for it. We'll get some basic food supplies and an ice chest...I mean, a chilli bin, as they call it here.
Its been really fun living in this house with these great people. They love to cook interesting things, usually from scratch, and the meals are always so healthy and satisfying. Last night we tried out two new recipes from an Indian cookbook - a mango and potato curry, and a vegetable curry that we cooked in the hollowed-out center of a really big zucchini, or marrow. Both were awesome, and cleared out your sinuses as a bonus. :-) I cooked peach dumplings for the house this morning, as a way to contribute and also share a little bit of my home with them. The dumplings were a hit! :-) I've also bonded with a few of the girls here through some cookie baking, the best way to make friends. :-)
And now....I'd better wash some dishes.
1 comment:
Hooray for peach dumplings! I am glad that you remembered how to make them. Your time with this group of musicians sounds like a lot of fun. Are you missing not playing your trombone??????
Post a Comment