Tonight is a first for me - we're backing up an Abba tribute band called Fabba. I have to say, I've never played an Abba tribute show before... After the show we have two big band sets, which will make it quite a long night for us. Everyone is hoping that we will get our missing band back this Sydney so that the craziness can end. Its been a very busy cruise for us, we've even had a couple of surprise sets thrown at us at the last minute because someone in another band was feeling sick. I'm ready for a return to normalcy.... I really don't mind the hours, its just that playing a rehearsal and two shows full out is about all a brass player should realistically be doing, and its a little painful to push yourself to do two more big band sets after a show. Hopefully this is the last time we'll have to do it.
Fun fact: when the Philippinos on board play fooseball, the losers have to crawl under the table. Its entertaining to watch.
Mont Blanc
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Allison always beats me at foosball. I'm glad we aren't phillipino! Hope your chops hold together!
So, what was it like to play Abba Songs? 'Mamma Mia', did you feel like you 'Had A Dream' that your were a 'Dancing Queen' named 'Chiquitita'?
ps... What did 'Fernando' think about it?
Post a Comment