Mont Blanc

Thursday, March 4, 2010

News!

Hello faithful readers!!! Its the unfaithful author here... :-)

I have been waiting for news on my next contract, and it finally came last week. I was asked where I wanted to go, and there was really only one RCCL ship that really interested me. If I couldn't have it I wasn't going to sign up to return to RCCL, I was going to stay at home and pursue other options, and maybe other cruise lines. I figured I would ask for it, not really expecting to get it. I was told it was nearly impossible because that itinerary is the talk of the crew, and there is quite a waiting list to get the ship, but I requested it anyway, figuring it couldn't hurt. And, unbelievably, I got the ship!!! It happened to open up right after my brother Tyler's wedding, giving me a solid two and a half months at home and fitting perfectly with my schedule. The odds of that happening are pretty astronomical - I can't believe it worked out.

The ship? RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas. The itinerary? Alaska out of Seattle, a trans-Pacific crossing, Hawaii, Fiji, the South Pacific, Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand. Um, wow!!!!! I am so excited!! I was also so happy to learn that one of my two favorite people from this contract, my friend Daniel, will be on the same ship for the first 4 months of my contract. Hooray! And while I do feel the weight of having committed to "ships" for basically another year of my life, I honestly can't think of anyplace I'd rather be. (besides home with you, Mom, of course) :-)

In other news, 4 more weeks to go!! I'll be home soon!! I only have to survive the next month of crazy Texan spring-breakers I know are coming our way starting Sunday. Yikes.

3 comments:

YummyMelody said...

Yay! Congrats! God is faithful to provide. :)

Yo Mama said...

I am so glad you got that contract. Being home with me for 6-8 months would get boring really fast! Besides, I would miss all the "virtual traveling" I do following your posts around the world! Sending love your way, Mom

Kathryn said...

I'm so pleased that you got the ship you wanted. God is certainly taking good care of you. :-) I'm glad you'll get to go back to Alaska. Paul and I will be there sometime in the summer. When the time gets closer, I'll talk to you and see what date you're sailing in and maybe we could meet you! YAY! Love you!