I promised I would tell you how the show went with Bold and the Beautiful's Jeff Trachta - and the honest truth (hope he never reads this) is that he is one of those acts that is simply riding on his celebrity status, with no real quality at all. There is plenty of razzle-dazzle, enough to put stars in the eyes of most of the audience members. Only a few people had the decency and dignity to walk out. I certainly wish I could have been one of them. Instead I was stuck with the rest of the band, unseen behind a screen, doubling a horrible clickless backing track for three tunes, and twiddling my thumbs for the remaining 40 minutes of the show. I'm sure there have been times when I have felt just as, if not more, useless - but none of them come to mind.
Lucky for me this week had a redeeming quality - I met an amazing family from Houston on my first day this week, and had the good luck to keep seeing them throughout the week and getting to know them a bit. They are also a Smith family, so I was right at home with this young couple and their two girls, and their grandparents. Towards the end of the week they invited me to come out for a drink with them, and we chatted for a couple of hours. They were really wonderful, and so great to talk to all week. I felt adopted! I only have that kind of experience with guests once in a contract, if ever. So this week was my week!! I had so much fun with them, and hope they come on another cruise with me sometime.
2 comments:
am so excited for you to come home! BTW - did you know Leah moved to Seattle? Just letting you know in case you didn't know. She got a job with Tooth & Nail Records there :) Sean and I found a super yummy Italian wine we want to buy when/if you come to the LA area to visit! Hope you can come and stay a few days!
You definitely have a way with words. You even made an event with a 'not so great performer' into a comedy! I look forward to these witty posts!
Post a Comment