Some other goodbyes today: one expected - a youth staff guy I signed on with finished his contract, while I still have weeks left. Grrr. :-) The unexpected goodbyes?? Last week we had a few incidents with people in our division, and a couple of people were sent home today. Two dancers were sent home for being caught over the alcohol limit, and a sports staff girl, one of my best friends on board, was sent home for bringing her visiting guest friend to the crew bar. (Yes, they can actually fire you for something like that, silly as it is). I really did not expect them to fire her and was pretty shocked to find out this morning and have to say goodbye. Another reminder that this is a ship, and nothing and no one is permanent. It was a bit of a hard morning all around for our division.
This week we have more Celebrities for our headliner entertainment. The Scintas are a Las Vegas family act, and are actually pretty cool people. They were very patient with sound issues, of which we still have more than our share. I enjoyed myself during their show, and look forward to doing it again tomorrow. Then later this week we back up the actor Jeff Trachta, former star of the Bold and the Beautiful, in his solo act, which should be interesting. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. I think its either Thursday or Friday night. Thus begins week 3 in the countdown!!
1 comment:
THREE, TWO, ONE, ZERO....JUST HELPING YOU WITH THE COUNTDOWN!!!! LOVE YOU
Post a Comment