Its"sort-of" because I wrote this in San Juan, but had no internet, so couldn't post it then:
Well, this will be the first time I’ve been in San Juan where I haven’t gone out, for one very good reason: I am not allowed to leave my cabin. I have been sick with the flu and out of commission since the day before yesterday. I am not sure how I got it, but apparently it is going around, and I’m unlucky. ☺ So I’ve spent the last couple of days sitting in bed watching TV, and drinking as much water as possible. I do feel a bit better today, but I am under quarantine until tomorrow morning, so I have the rest of the day to entertain myself here somehow. The food they bring you while you’re quarantined is pretty awful –I’m not going to lie. But, friends have been really nice and helpful about bringing me things that I need (water, tea, tissues), and things that I don’t (Kim smuggled me some pizza, Rob brought me handi-snacks and apple turnovers). I think I get to go back to work tomorrow, although I don’t think my cough will be gone by then. But I don’t want them to get wise to the fact that they don’t really need a trombone player. ☺ I feel bad about not being able to be there, and can’t wait to get out of this room and back to work. I haven’t been able to check my email these past few days, and I probably won’t until the day after tomorrow (I’ll only go online in my room long enough to post this cause its so expensive), so if you haven’t heard from me, that’s why. But I wanted to let you know that I’m still here – just under the weather for a few days. Thank you for your prayers!!
Mont Blanc
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
No more getting sick allowed!!!!
I hope you never have to eat cruise-line lock-down food again!
Just wait for the day when the whole world gets wise and realizes that it doesn't need us trombone players.... :-)
It will be a better day for all. Right?
The world already knows that trombones are unnecessary, we're just humoring you all at this point. We like to make you think that you are important. So play on!
Hope you're feeling better.
Everybody knows that the tuba is the greatest instrument in the horn line. (That's why I need to pull it out of the closet some time soon and resume playing.)
Until then, I concur with Chris: "Play on!"
Hope you're feeling better, Andrea.
Post a Comment