Mont Blanc

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last Aruba. :-(

First thing's first - I just posted some new pictures so here's the link:

http://upload.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2052120&l=ead31&id=56903845

Anyway, I got up early to use the internet here in Aruba for the last time. I'll be heading back to the ship soon to meet up with Joey and Thomas - we're going to attempt to go parasailing again. Maybe they'll let us this time!

Yesterday we had Jacqui Scott's show again, which I still really like. I don't know if I've already said this, but she plays a song she wrote for her husband called, "I still belong to you" that I love more and more every time I hear it. We had an afternoon rehearsal, though, which cut short my time off the ship. But I guess the job should come before snorkeling. :-) Anyway, I got off as soon as I could and then got back just in time. I used up the 27 exposures on the underwater camera my mom thoughtfully sent me in a matter of a few minutes. (Curse my dependence on digital cameras!!) I could have taken hundreds of photos. Oh well. I'm going to get them developed here on the ship because I can't wait to see if any of them are good. It was a lot of fun to take pictures underwater.

After my film ran out I snorkeled a little more, and then explored the rocks near the shore. I saw some amazing things - like tons of sea urchins, two huge crabs, and those neat sea stars that have long skinny arms and kind of move like an octopus. But the neatest thing I found was a small green eel living in a cranny of a rock. I stuck a piece of coral down in the water near it, and it came out and bit it! Mouth wide open and everything = so cool!! I guess it was a Moray Eel. I was fascinated by it for quite a while. Then I had to hurry back to the ship, making another quick stop to pick up a pin for my collection (why did I wait til my last chance??) :-)

Anyway, Jacqui's shows went well - and it was great to have a guest entertainer again and play live on stage. We're looking forward to the crossing for that reason. I think we play for a few at least, and hopefully we'll do Kelly Broadway's cabaret on the big stage. I can't believe these are my last two days in the Caribbean! Wow.

3 comments:

Chelsea Smith said...

Yikes! Aren't we busy today... I sure hope you get the chance to go parasailing today!

I can't believe your almost home already! This cruise sure seems to be going by quickly! :)

Next time you go to the caribbean,I guess you should be sure to bring tons of underwater cameras!!!

Metaphysician_delta said...

Good thing it was a piece of coral and not your finger.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Blessings,

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a chance to use the camera! I can't wait to see your photos.