Mont Blanc

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Last San Juan!!!

Tonight we sail off into the unknown! I can't wait to begin the transatlantic cruise - my last cruise! Just the idea of physically sailing across the Atlantic Ocean gets me excited. Here is our itinerary (I couldn't find a map)

Sat, Mar 29: San Juan, Puerto Rico Depart 11:00 PM
Sun, Mar 30: At Sea
Mon, Mar 31: At Sea
Tue, Apr 02: At Sea
Wed, Apr 02: At Sea
Thu, Apr 03: At Sea
Fri, Apr 04: Ponta Delgada, Azores Docked Arrive 7:00 AM Depart 2:00 PM
Sat, Apr 05: At Sea
Sun, Apr 06: Vigo, Spain Docked Arrive 11:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM
Mon, Apr 07: Gijon, Spain Docked Arrive 10:00 AM Depart 6:00 PM
Tue, Apr 08: La Rochelle, France Docked Arrive 8:00 AM Depart 1:00 PM
Wed, Apr 09: Cherbourg, France Docked Arrive 12:00 PM Depart 6:00 PM
Thu, Apr 10: Sign off in Southampton, England!

I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get online in the next several sea days, so I wanted to let you know where I'll be! Today I'm at Starbucks in San Juan, with Anabelle. I'm about to leave and do some last minute souvenir shopping. This afternoon I'm going to help out my friend Caroline in the spa who couldn't find a person to do her demo. Darn, another seaweed wrap and massage....life is tough. :-)

I got to talk to my friend Wanda today on the phone for a while. It is unfortunate that we never had a chance to get together. When I said this was the last time we're here, she said, "Don't say that!! It's not the last time! You will come back!!" She offered her apartment to me if I ever want to go on vacation in Puerto Rico. She travels a lot to the States, and said if she's gone she'd just leave me the key. I hope she gets a chance to visit me in California sometime. The one thing she kept telling me today was that I need to know I have a friend in Puerto Rico, and always will. That was great to hear. I have a feeling we will meet again.

In other news, I DID get to go parasailing with Joey and Thomas in Aruba - it was great! And a little bit scary. But mostly cool. And you were right, mom - I was singing up there! I also made myself a little dizzy my leaning backwards until my head was upside-down so that it looked like the ocean was the sky. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

This cruise will be very different for us, schedule-wise. Andy is trying to negotiate us a day or two off (we haven't had one in over a month). Hopefully we get two!! But we'll be happy with one. Hopefully it isn't on a sea day. :-) Well, I hope to check back in soon! Off I go across the ocean!!

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Woohoo...parasailing! I'm so glad you got to go...it is the coolest thing I have done since.... well, let's see now.... I guess it's just the coolest thing I have EVER done. I don't know about the looking upside-down bit. I think I might have lost my lunch if I had tried that! I love you sweety!

Chelsea Smith said...

Glad you got to go parasailing after all.

Can't wait till your back!!!