Mont Blanc

Monday, March 24, 2008

Last Dominica!

Around we go, for the last time! Yesterday for my last day in St. Maarten I got my mango smoothie from my favorite place (which to me symbolizes St. Maarten), and walked around one last time. I did some shopping for a couple of souvenirs - funny how I always put that off til the last time around. :-)

Today for my last day in Dominica I did something amazing...sat at the coffee shop using their free internet. Yep, nothing too exciting today. I had some plans with a couple people, but said friends didn't get out of bed this morning because they are lazy. So its the internet cafe for me. :-) I did some souvenir shopping as well.

Tonight we have an odd night: rehearsal at 5, shows in the theatre at 7, 9, and Kelly Broadway's show at 11. Get it? An ODD night? 5,7,9,11? I thought it was funny. Anyway, obviously I don't have anything very interesting to say today. Last night I spent some time with Anabelle, the harpist, and we got to have some girl talk, which I've been missing. We have a date for next formal night, as well. She is delightful company. I wish we were roommates - I know we'd be up all night talking. (which is a good thing!) She reminds me a lot of Marie (mostly the accent - they're both French Canadian). Well, its getting to be time to head back to the ship. I might try to be out on deck today as we sailaway from Dominica for the last time.

3 comments:

Chris said...

You know what else is odd? "Posted by Andrea Smith at 11:11 AM"

The biggest question is, does this mean that this Saturday will be everyone's last chance to call before the end of your contract?

Erin said...

I cannot believe it's been so long since you went to the Caribbean! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were here. Time sure does fly, and I'm sure it seems to have flown even quicker for you than for those of us here, waiting to hear about your adventures.

Enjoy the last bit of this adventure! =) Miss you!

*hand hug!*
<3

Andrea Smith said...

Chris: yes - last chance! We're in port in San Juan from 6am til 11pm my time, which is three hours ahead of you. Anyone is welcome to call anytime. At that point I'll be 12 days from home!