Mont Blanc

Friday, November 23, 2007

going home!

I have so many thoughts right now....I'm sitting on the couch in the staff bar with my friends, my last night on board. I'm finished with work and packed....I can't believe I'm finished. The last couple of months flew by so fast. I am a little sad to leave. I will really miss my friends here. But I can't wait to come home and see you all!!!!

Last night was my last church meeting, and because of that they asked me to preach. Which I did, in Spanish. I was nervous, but it went really well. They loved it, and they don't want me to leave....I think they finally trust and accept me even though I'm not from their country and Spanish isn't my first language. They told me they've never had someone from the US be commited to church meetings on any ship. They were all so friendly and so genuinely sad to see me leave. We had a party for my leaving and ate "valeadas" - something they are used to from home. It was really wonderful. I am about to run out of batteries so I must wrap this post up, but I will see you all soon, and write a final couple of posts. Later!!!

1 comment:

IronMel said...

you need to be more consistent about charging your laptop. dude even if i don't see you during the week you have to promise to call me when you can. i get off of work at 6. if you're at apu during the week let me know, i may be able to escape and come see you.