Mont Blanc
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Last Napoli
Today was a lot of fun – there is a castle on top of a big hill in Naples, and I’ve wanted to hike up there ever since the beginning of my contract. I mentioned it to Hayden and he said he’d go with me, so off we went. The easy way is to take the funiculare to the top, but we wanted to see if we could find our own way up. After an hour and a half of backstreets, alleyways, forgotten staircases, and switchbacks we finally made it. The castle was really great and impressive. We walked all around and inside it and had a good time. I was very satisfied with my very last day in Naples. I am very stiff from all the walking we did, and it didn’t improve my cold, but I have no regrets. I don’t want to just sit in my cabin waiting to get better – this cruise is my last chance to explore!! And explore we did. And got lost a few times, which is half the fun. Luckily for me and my over-developed need to do things, tomorrow is a sea day, so I will sleep in and relax as much as I can. Hopefully I can kill this cold after that. Also luckily, all we had to do tonight was play a comedian on and off stage. We do have a show tomorrow (Elliot Finkel again), but other than that I plan to sit in bed and read. ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, making the most out of your situation. It's important to do the things you haven't done before, so as to not have regrets when you no longer have the opportunity to do them.
Post a Comment