Today I finally got off the ship for the first time since Santorini! Hooray! I wandered around Naples with a couple of drummers – Brandon (drummer in the celebrity orchestra, of which I am a part) and Tom (drummer in the jazz quartet onboard, also my band manager and supervisor). Brandon actually just finished his contract, and he’ll be replaced tomorrow with a new drummer. It’s a bit scary for us since we have no idea if the new guy will be any good. But that’s what happens every time, including when I signed on (Atanas said that if this new drummer is a girl, too, he’s quitting the band)☺. Tom is probably 45 years old, Australian, and knows his way around every port pretty well. Of course, being with two drummers meant I had to stop at every music store and wait while they banged on things, but hey – I’m used to that (right Tyler?) ☺
I saw a whole lot in our hours ashore, including St. Chiara, a church constructed in the 14th century. It was amazing to walk around and see so much history. I got to do some much needed shopping as well. We ate at an authentic Italian pizzeria, and since the menu was in Italian, I just picked one at random. It turned out to have an interesting creamy white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, and corn on it – and it was marvelous. Of course, I took pictures. I will post them soon!
Yesterday as a part of my training I got to see the bridge, and it was incredible. It was really neat to be up there and seee all the gadgets and control panels, and huge windows all the way around. It was an amazing experience. I know I'm a geek, but it made me think of the Star Trek and the bridge of the Enterprise....it was almost intimidating to be there, and I know I would never go uninvited! It was really cool. Well, thats all for tonight! Its the last night of my first cruise, I'm pretty much done with training, and life is good!
Mont Blanc
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
How's my hot thing? :)
So can you exchange dollars for Euros on the ship? And what's the Turkish currency?
God bless you, Andrea. Bless and bless and bless you more.
You are NOT a geek for thinking about Star Trek!!! Did you know that a lot of military command centers are based off of the bridges on Star Trek? It was a good idea and design! hahahahaha
You are a geek for thinking about Star Trek. But nobody said there was anything bad about being a geek.
Of course I want to go to every music store and bang on things. Isn't that what they are made for? I mean, stress reliever. Major. And a free outlet on top of that. They could like charge you to beat around on their drums. But they don't. Let's hope they don't figure that one out :)
Love you/praying for you
oh how i hope and pray that you happen to be in the same area we we're are over there. slim chance, i know...but i still have hopes. :o)
i'm so glad to be able to read this and know that you are doing well. and walking around napels...jealous! soon though, i will be too...hahaha.
Yikes AJ, looks like you have a seceret admirer! Now if only I can figure out who wrote that first comment...
...and don' t worry about being a geek, I think about star trek in everday things as well... like when my electrolytes were all off and my muscles stiffened and seemed to compress, it felt like I had one of those sick-bay forcefields on me (intensified by the fact that I was in a hospital)
Luis - there are exchange places everywhere, including on the ship. Turkish currency....I'll get back to you. :-)
Cameron and Scott - thanks for the reinforcement of my geekish ways...
Tyler - I miss you and your banging on things. You're funny.
Pauline- I hope we can see each other, too!
Chelsea - glad I got to talk to you tonight!
Anonymous - Just fine!
10 1/2 points for correct usage of the gerund form, Andrea! Yay!
Post a Comment