Mont Blanc

Saturday, July 13, 2013

A lovely time in the UK

I have been so lucky over the past several weeks to be in this wonderful country.  The sun has been shining and the countryside is so green and pleasant.  I have amazing hosts, who have taken it upon themselves to make sure I see all of the most essential sights.  Some highlights have been Swanage, Bournemouth, Brownsea Island (with its adorable tufty-earred red squirrels), Hampton Court Palace, Osbourne House on the Isle of Wight, the Cotswolds, and Glastonbury (where King Arthur is purportedly buried).

Last Wednesday I had the most wonderful surprise from my English soon-to-be-family: a very English bachelorette party, or "hen-do" or "hen party." Lynne, Nick's Mum, and his sister Jen had secretly arranged the most English thing they could think of - a very fancy afternoon tea at the Rhinefield House - and invited a few close friends.  I felt so loved and welcomed!! It was a very special day.

It is hard to believe that 5 weeks have passed since Nick and I signed off the Queen Elizabeth.  I have had a great time here.  Now we are only 3 months away from the wedding.  The visa situation is going well - we are at the last step before the wedding: Nick's interview at the American Embassy in London.  It is scheduled for the end of the July, and after that day we will know for absolute certain that Nick's Fiance visa has been approved.  It can't come quickly enough! For now I head home, in search of new employment, and pray he will be able to join me very soon. We haven't been apart for more than a few hours since January, so hopefully it will be very, very soon.

And now?? California, here I come!!  This time its for good!

No comments: