Today I decided to tackle this brand new city on my own, without the aid of a tour. Jane and I took public trans into the downtown area of Singapore, and conquered their subway, or MRT here. Not to be confused with Hong Kong's MTR, the MRT is similarly easy to use. We walked around the city a bit and took photos of some of the amazing buildings. A visit was made to the famous Raffles Hotel, where their signature drink, the 'Singapore Sling', will set you back $26 singapore dollars (about $20 USD). Jane and I split one. It has 8 different ingredients, I can't remember them all, but one of them is definitely gin. There are plenty of yummy fruit juices too, so it tastes pretty good. After Raffles we walked along the main road of Orchard Grove for a while. On our way back to the ship we made a stop in Chinatown where I nearly got talked into buying an unlocked iPhone.
My overall impression of Singapore is that there is definitely so much more to see, I hardly scratched the surface of the city. It is clean and organized and interesting. I hope I come back someday!
------------------
Mont Blanc
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're clean, organized and interesting too.
Glad that you and Jane split the Singapore Sling. If not, you might have been talked into the i-phone more easily!!!....(and possibly lost your way back to the ship!)
Post a Comment