Mont Blanc

Friday, February 4, 2011

Big Changes

Today begins my 3rd-to-last cruise!!! Although I still have about 6 1/2 weeks left, since the cruises are long. This week is my last South Pacific cruise, out to some islands and Fiji one more time, which I haven't done since the beginning of the Australia season.

So what are these big changes I speak of?? Well mainly we are just getting a lot of new people today. The entire cast left today, after finishing their six months on board. It is hard to believe that I was here for their entire contract, even 5 weeks before it started, and I still have a while left. I will really miss Sophie especially, she and I spent many lovely sea-day afternoons sitting outside in the fresh air on the back deck, having afternoon tea, Nutella, and playing cards. Goodbye, Sophie!! I also loose my lovely roommate Monica, after living with her for (gulp!) half a year. Poor Monica threw out her back yesterday and could barely get out of bed, so she had to miss her farewell show, which was pretty sad. It also meant that I ended up having to take care of all her errands for signing off, so I ended up running around like a crazy person all day. I helped pack luggage, cleaned, filled out forms, did security checks, returned borrowed items, and a thousand other things. I ended up feeling like I was the one signing off. But I got everything done and fell into bed around 2am exhausted but glad I was able to get everything taken care of and get her off the ship safe and sound. Today when I go back to the ship I will meet my new roommate, Amanda, who should be moving into my cabin as we speak. She will be Monica's replacement singer. Its strange to think she's already on the ship getting moved into my room, and I haven't even met her yet....

I also had to say goodbye to my good friend and fellow bandmate Beau, our tenor player, and my motivational workout buddy. He will be missed - he always made me laugh and improved my mood during the shows and big band sets. Our replacement sax got delayed trying to fly out of Indiana in the US, so we will be without him for a few days as we figure out a way to get him to the ship. I think his name is Andrew....I'll let you know when he finally gets here.

Today I am running errands in Sydney, chief among them getting an eye exam and ordering a new pair of glasses to replace mine (which I dropped in the ocean while parasailing, silly me). I will be able to pick up the new ones next Sydney, in 12 days. Getting errands done is always tricky while on a ship, but I'm glad I was able to get this sorted out. In a few minutes Tracy is going to take me shopping in some markets around Sydney. I'm determined not to buy anything, as I already have too much stuff, but I'll have fun anyway. :-) Off I go!!

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I wish I had a picture of your para sailing adventure.
Your expression must have been priceless as you did a flip in the air and watched your glasses sail away to the ocean below! Good times????

Dear ol' Dad said...

I'll bet your were humming "You Got A Friend In Me" during the whole Monica episode! As anyone who knows you knows, you're a great friend to have (and a great daughter too!)!
So, did you buy anything... that day in Sydney with Tracy? Did you have too much fun?? Hope so!!