Mont Blanc

Friday, July 30, 2010

posting more often, as promised.

Here I am in Tully's coffee shop in Seattle. I had an amazing "french toast" bagel breakfast sandwich for lunch....so good! Try one sometime.

The big gossip is that this week Gloria Estefan will be on board cruising with us. When I get back to the ship today I should find out if the rumors are true and she in fact got on board today. Unfortunately for us as a showband, we won't have much chance to make an impression on her if we wanted to, as we are off most of the week. Neither of the guest acts this week need us, so we are even more lazy than usual. Here's the rundown of my work schedule for the week:
Tonight: One welcome aboard show, about 10 or 15 minutes of work, possibly 25 seconds of work if we're lucky and only have to play on the cruise director.
Sat: off
Sun: off
Mon: off
Tues: 1 hour big band set
Wed: 1 hour big band set
Thurs: farewell shows.

For a grand total of.....about 3 hours of work this week. Wow. Sign me up for some tours!!!

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I was so excited to see that you posted again...I am always checking!! It is fun to keep up on what you are doing. What time do you usually do the big band sets? Just lounge around all day and then play at bedtime??

Paul said...

You're going to have to start taking your horn around on your tours just to keep you chops up! Maybe you can accompany Darth Vader.