Mont Blanc

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Its already June!! Make it stop!!!

I'm not ready for my time here at home to be over!! I've had so much fun seeing old friends and spending time with my family that I really feel like I don't want to leave again. 17 days left here. I don't yet have my flight information about joining the Rhapsody in Seattle, but I should know soon.

Yesterday I spent the day helping my sister and her husband move into their new apartment in Redlands. It is a beautiful place with lots of room, in a nice complex. I admit to some jealousy - I can't wait to have my own place and finally have room for all my things....I really look forward to finding a place for everything someday, decorating it, even setting up my kitchen and deciding which drawers to put things in. :-) I had a good time helping Holly do that - she and I spent a few hours organizing everything in between driving down carloads of stuff from Hesperia.

Last weekend I got to do something I haven't been home for in three years - shop Memorial Day weekend garage sales in Lake Arrowhead. The mountain goes nuts on Memorial Day and Labor day, every 10 houses has a sale, and there is a special full page of the newspaper dedicated to ads. I love it...bargains make me happy. Its my chance to buy things I couldn't otherwise justify buying, but because they cost almost nothing I can get away with it. Exhibit A: my new espresso machine. It has taken me 3 days of cleaning, vinegar descaling, rinsing, experimenting, taking a refresher course in making foam, and online research to arrive at my goal: today I finally made a myself a real cappuccino. Hooray!! And the best thing is, I only have to make one or two more for the machine to pay for itself. Best $7 I ever spent.

3 comments:

Yo Mama said...

...still waiting for a cup!!!

slynnt said...

Oh, I so miss memorial day shopping.. .so great.
See you sooN!
I love you!

Cuz Matt said...

The espresso maker was WELL worth it.