Mont Blanc

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

still in the middle of the Atlantic....

Yesterday we had our fisrt day off in over a month - and it was great. Unfortunately we couldn't really do much since we're still in the middle of the ocean, and the boat was rocking really hard. A lot of people just stayed in bed all day. It was hard to walk around. Phil talked me into doing another spinning session, which was definitely an adventure. We are sore in different places just because we were trying to stay balanced on the bikes. Afterward we were both totally exhausted we could barely eat dinner. It was a bit scary down on deck 1, with huge waves crashing into the windows in the mess. After that, I layed in bed and watched a movie, and then played a couple games of scrabble with my scrabble buddies before turning in for the night. I won both games!! :-)

Tonight we have a new guest entertainer named Cheryl Sinclair, she does a lot of motown and oldies music. I like her alright, but the rehearsal took over two hours, which was a bit frusterating. Most of the issues we were having we with the rhythm section, so it felt like we were just waiting around for them to get it right. But finally we made it through everything, and after a relaxing afternoon I'm ready to grab some dinner before showtime. I wish we had more guest entertainers - the sight reading is such good practice. And this show is pretty fun and different (we're not playing Don't Cry for me, Argentina, for one thing). :-)

1 comment:

Chelsea Smith said...

I think it would be fun to be on a rocking boat, with the waves crashing about you. It's kind of like bus surfing, only with water?
...I mean, what? No... I don't bus surf...! ;)