Well, here I am at a coffeeshop - starting another trend of using free internet whenever possible. :-) We actually have the day off, which is incredible. I thought we weren't going to have another one for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately there's no easy beach to get to in Dominica. But there is a free wireless spot! Woohoo! So I've been catching up a bit on emails, and doing a little research on the ports that I've been meaning to do. Looking at all of the snorkle and fish identification sites is getting me really excited. I think I might make a small hobby out of fish watching since there are so many great snorkle places. I think it would be really fun to learn the names of all the fish.
The schedule is back to normal now that the superbowl is over, so last night we had the broadway show. Unfortunately a lot of people are sick - including the aerialists and one of the dancers. As a result the cast has had to be pretty creative with the show and fill in the missing spaces. I'm sure no-one in the audience can tell that three people are missing, although the one couple that is going around again (two cruises in a row) might be wondering what happened to the aerialists that usually did their own choreographed version of "Can you feel the love tonight". Now the two vocalists just stand there and sing, and have added a bit more choreography to give the scene some interest. Its strange for me to see such a different version of the show than I'm used to.
Yesterday I had a really productive day, and began what I hope to be a routine of getting some really good practice time in. It felt great to take a long time warming up. This ship offers a lot of practice space backstage - there is always somewhere you can go to practice and not interfere with anything or be overheard. I appreciate that a lot. On the Galaxy it was much harder to do - we were always fighting for one or two spots. I think my practice spot of choice is back in the "cages" - a huge area that resembles a warehouse, filled with random props for the shows, random lighting and sound equipment, and the occasional upright bass stuffed in a corner.
Mont Blanc
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment