Mont Blanc

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sea day

Tonight is the Broadway Show again, and unfortunately since it is a late show I can’t make it to church tonight. The second show won’t start til after 11pm, maybe not until 11:30. Definitely one of our longest nights.

Marie’s boyfriend Tom was just informed that his contract has been shortened, and they are sending him home tomorrow. They gave him only 2 days notice. Of course, Marie is pretty upset because while she knew he was leaving, it wasn’t supposed to be so soon, and on such short notice. None of us were expecting this. It is hard for me to see Marie so upset. This is a pretty rough transition for her. Pray for her if you get the chance. I hope that she is able to enjoy her last two cruises here even though he is gone, and that she and I will still be able to have a great time together.

Rome was really fun the other day with Marie. We went to St. Peter’s Basilica, and saw the tombs of the popes, including the late Pope John Paul II, and then paid a few euro’s to climb to the top of the dome in the basilica. It was pretty impressive. After that we walked all the way across Rome again, looked inside a bunch of gorgeous churches until Marie was getting tired of it (I’d be like, “There’s another one!” and she would give this big sigh….like, “not again”). We ate lunch at an authentic Irish Pub, and met a French guy who had lived in Ireland for 5 years and then moved to Rome. That was pretty neat. Marie talked to him in French. Anyway, we were exhausted by the time we got to the train station on the other side of Rome and slept the whole train ride back. It was a really good day. At the end of this cruise it will be Marie’s last chance to go to Rome, so we’ll probably go again. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having fun! I just caught myself up on your last few blogs. Stage managing is going well, a lot of work, but DEFINETLY worth it. Theres this shirt online on the drama page in the products section that says "I cant. I have rehearsal." and im totally going to get it. i love buying things there cuz no one else does and theres like hundreds of ways to personalize them and you can change colors and stuff. well I love you and miss you and hope to talk to you soon!

~holly~