We are in Naples again today, as this is the very first cruise with a different itinerary. We were just here the day before yesterday. This is going to be a 12 day cruise, with a stop and Katakolon, which is the port for Olympia, Greece. I hope I get to do a tour there. This is also Marie's last cruise, which is going to be hard for me. We've lived together and been each other's best friend on board for 4 months. I can't believe she's leaving - things will be totally different without her.
Today we had an amazing blessing - RAIN! This is the first rainy day of my contract. Marie and I were so excited that we walked around Naples for a couple hours in the rain. At one point we were trying to decide where to walk next, and I said something like, "Lets head back down toward the castle", and it hit me how crazy that is. It has become completely normal to say something like that, but if I was at home, that would never happen. It just stopped me in my tracks for a couple minutes. Anyway, we were so thrilled for the rain that we were whooping and yelling and running around when we got off this ship. I guess I should feel bad since rain is a really bad thing for all the guests, and they were giving us mean looks, but it is such a wonderful change for us, we couldn't help but be happy.
We ate lunch at our favorite place in Naples, and here's a tip: If your ever in a port city and want to figure out if a place has good food and decent/low prices, check the walls for signed pictures of cruise ships. Crews always have time to find the best places to eat, and eat there every time, becoming friends with the owners and leaving signed pictures of their ships in the restaurant. Ha ha. So there's Andrea's travel advice for the day. :-)
Tonight's show is a vocalist named Lindsay Hamilton, who swears she knows me from somewhere. She's actually really awesome to work with and down to earth (unusual for a vocalist). She's a star of London's West End. Yep, another one. We have a new one every cruise. :-) Anyway, I like her and her show is alright (even if we do have to play Don't Cry for Me Argentina and Memory, like we do for almost every vocalist). :-) Alright, I have to be backstage in half an hour, so off I go!
Mont Blanc
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It actually was raining her just a few days ago. Very refreshing...
I agree with Chelsea. The rain was much needed here, and I'm sure our reactions to the rain were similar to yours, especially with the people giving you mean looks...haha. Just kidding.
But I am glad you got some rain, and a new itinerary! Change makes things more interesting, and I hope you find it to be a good change!
Miss you lots!! <3
Looks like someone needs to work on their grammar a little more...you college grad you. "If YOUR ever in a port city..." hahahaha
I think you should enjoy the rain every chance you can possibly get. (That come from a native Southern Californian, where rain is a rare luxury. People from other parts of the country might disagree.)
Every time you write, it's a treat.
God bless, Andrea.
Luis
Post a Comment