We will be having a big change in the band at the end of the next cruise - 3 players will be finishing their contracts, so we'll have a new bass, alto sax, and drummer. I'm excited to see what the dynamic of the band will be then. I've heard really good things about the bass player, and apparently the alto sax is going to be a girl! 75% of the horn line will be female in two weeks! Neat. Ben is going to feel out of place. :-)
We played 4 big band sets tonight, which is one of my favorite things to do (we only do it once every cruise). We have another day off tomorrow, which is nice because I've worn myself out a bit doing so many excursions. I can't wait to sleep in!
Today my excursion went to Lindos in Rhodes, where there is an old castle and acropolis, from which point you have a beautiful view of the coastline (pictures soon!). I really love Rhodes - it is a fantastic island and it is becoming my favorite port of call. I love it. It reminds me a bit of California foothills, only with more rocks and hills and some slightly different vegetation. Most of our ports don't have anything like it - they are all city and no nature. Rhodes is different, and more tranquil, which I really appreciate.
Our last stop on the tour was at a handmade Greek ceramics workshop. I got to watch all the different steps in the process of making and decorating a plate or vase, which are classic Greek art. It was so neat to see that I even bought one - a small plate. Its good to know that it was made right there, and neat that I know exactly how it was made from having watched some works in progress. Well, its getting late, so I will say goodnight!
Mont Blanc
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Neat! I can't wait to see your next set of pictures!
Post a Comment