Mont Blanc

Friday, December 14, 2012

Paris Engagement!

Nick surprised me last week by whisking me away to Paris on the Eurostar train, which goes underneath the English Channel.  I knew he was planning to take me somewhere, but I didn't know it was Paris! We saw all the sights, including the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, climbed up the belltower of Notre Dame, visited Sacre Couer, walked the Champs De'Elysee, ate great food, and enjoyed the ambience of Paris.

Then came the Eiffel Tower.   I had never been up to the top, so this was definitely number one on my list of things to do.  Unbeknownst to me, this was where Nick was planning to propose to me! In fact, it was the main purpose of the whole trip.  I can honestly say I had absolutely no idea.  So there I was, flitting about the top of the tower taking photos of Paris from every angle, as he got more and more agitated trying to get me to stand still for a moment so he could ask me.  Finally he came beside me and we looked out across Paris.  It was absolutely freezing at the top, and so windy! He cuddled up close to me, and I suggested we head back down out of the wind.  He said, "Well, before we do that.....Andrea Smith, will you marry me?" and opened up that telltale little box, with a beautiful ring inside.  I was completely speechless.....for several seconds that were probably the longest of his life.....and then said "Yes!" I was stunned for several minutes afterwards, and couldn't stop laughing and smiling and hugging him.....then the happy tears started and continued for a while.  So now we are officially engaged, as of December 4th, 2012!!

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Sound like a perfect engagement setting...cold and all. I am so happy for both of you finding that special someone!