I arrived onto the Queen Elizabeth early this morning, beating the rush of sign-ons that came a bit later on in two or three busloads. I was able to get everything organized, sign my papers, unpack, snag all the best real estate in the room (aka bottom bunk), and still had time for a quick trip into town. Once there I sorted out my issues with T-mobile and got set up for the world voyage with them. I got to meet Nick's mom over a coffee at Costa and lunch at Nando's. Meeting her was an unexpected treat.
After a full afternoon of safety training and rehearsal, many of us went out on deck to watch this momentous sailaway around the world. The brisk night air was made even more special by the lights of the Queen Mary, who also begins her world voyage today, and by the firework display sent up from a barge to celebrate the passing of the two Queens as we coordinated to sail together out of the harbor. It was a really magic night.
My work here began with the very appropriate Welcome Aboard Show. It went well, though my chops will be adjusting to the work load for a few more days at least. I was greeted today by so many friends glad to see me back, I was overwhelmed by all the friendly faces. I got more hugs and kisses from more people than I can count. It does feel like coming home, in a way. I know this will be an amazing contract!
------------------
After a full afternoon of safety training and rehearsal, many of us went out on deck to watch this momentous sailaway around the world. The brisk night air was made even more special by the lights of the Queen Mary, who also begins her world voyage today, and by the firework display sent up from a barge to celebrate the passing of the two Queens as we coordinated to sail together out of the harbor. It was a really magic night.
My work here began with the very appropriate Welcome Aboard Show. It went well, though my chops will be adjusting to the work load for a few more days at least. I was greeted today by so many friends glad to see me back, I was overwhelmed by all the friendly faces. I got more hugs and kisses from more people than I can count. It does feel like coming home, in a way. I know this will be an amazing contract!
------------------
2 comments:
Hooray for the bottom bunk, a phone that works, fireworks, and kisses. A great beginning to your trip around the world!
Hope your choppy chops clear up-get well soon!
Post a Comment