Mont Blanc

Friday, December 16, 2011

December excitement

Its been so wonderful being home! I love being in Lake Arrowhead during the winter.  We've already had a couple of beautiful snowfalls.  I have been mainly relaxing and unwinding, reveling in the fact that I'm not on a ship and I don't have to go to work. :-)

One exciting thing that happened just after I got home was I was lucky enough to have a live audition with Cirque du Soleil, at a little recording studio in Santa Monica.  They had called me because of that video I put together last March, and invited me to come along to their general musician auditions, despite not having a specific spot open for me.  I'm pleased to report that the audition went very well, they really liked me, and at the end I was congratulated and told I had passed! I am now on their list of "potential performers" and now its a waiting game for a job offer or another, more specific, audition.  Its a step along the way!

Other highlights of December have been catching up with old friends, seeing Wicked for Holly's birthday, and just spending time at home with mom and dad.  I've realized my vacation is nearly half over already, sadly.  But I've got the holidays to look forward to, which is completely wonderful.  

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

It's been great having you home....now it's time to start on your journey around the world!!

Dear ol' Dad said...

It's a wonderful life!