Mont Blanc

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Catching up and Winding Down

I know, I know, I haven't posted, sorry!! It has been such a whirlwind last voyage, and getting ready to sign off the ship. I can't believe that I've fulfilled a lifelong dream to see the Holy Land. I went on tours and got to see Jerusalem and Bethlehem. The whole experience was overwhelming for me, I couldn't really process the gravity of where I was, and grasp the reality of actually being there. I saw the church of the nativity, where they believe Jesus was born, the Wailing Wall, the stations of the cross on the Via Dolorosa, and the tomb of the sepulchre where Golgotha was. The stone that Jesus was cleaned on after he died. The Garden of Gethsemane....I felt a bit mind blown by it all, and wished I could have seen it with more time, with a group of fellow believers rather than a ship crew tour, but it was amazing either way. Since then we stopped off in Cyprus where I went on a tour up into the mountains, Rhodes where I played tour guide for some of my friends, and Malaga where I had some paella with my friend Jane. Now we are in the Canary Islands, on our last voyage!! I can hardly believe I sign off in less than a week!! We had an overnight in Madeira and Jane and I joined the cast at an outdoor salsa club and stayed out til the wee hours. Here in the Canaries we've been wandering around and enjoying good food. 5 days to go!! Also just for anyone who doesn't already know, I have an audition on Dec 3rd with Cirque du Soleil which I am very very excited about. Fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Dewman said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon! So I suppose you will get your music for Cirque really soon! How exciting! Practice time. :)