It has been so nice to be in the Mediterranean this week! We are all enjoying the sunshine very much. I got to to Florence the other day, on a tour with the ship that was basically all free time. I had one goal: climb up to the top of the Duomo. But, the best laid plans..... you know the rest. It was closed for tourists that day, maybe because it was Sunday or some holiday or another. But lucky for me, the adjoining bell tower was still open, and it rises to a height of only 5 meters shy of the Duomo's viewing platform, plus the view includes the Duomo, which you wouldn't be able to see if you were standing on it. :-)
I had in port manning (Popular alternate names for this are "In Port Tanning" or "In Pub Manning") in Civitavecchia, but was happy to stay on board and relax after all the walking I did in Florence. I have been to the city and to Rome quite a few times, so it was a reasonable one to miss. Yesterday we were in Monaco, and I walked around the port for a while and just generally enjoyed the beautiful day it was outside with a few of my friends.
Tonight is a special night, WE are the show in the theater. It is a dixieland concert, both showtimes, featuring yours truly and the rest of the RCTO. (Royal Court Theatre Orchestra) Sounds fancy, hmm? Tim has found us smart white vests to wear over our blacks to give us a special look for the occasion. I'm looking forward to it, but also a little bit nervous as Dixieland is all about the trombone!! Fun fun fun. Wish me luck!
Mont Blanc
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll bet the Dixieland show was fabulous. I wish I could have been there to see my favorite trombonist do her thing!!!!
Post a Comment