Mont Blanc

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cruise!

We began our Christmas cruise a few days ago in Sydney. I started the week off right by going to a matinee of Hillsong's Christmas show, called "Someone has Stolen the Star", a Christmas mystery. We had barely enough time to make it out to their Sydney Hills campus and back. The show was amazing, the church really went all out and spent a lot of money on sets, video, lighting, the works. There were even bubbles let down from the ceiling to imitate snow at a couple of points in the show. It was really incredible....my friend Julie and I were really impressed.

Christmas is really in full swing here, despite the warm weather. The Centrum lobby is fully decked out with a giant tree, poinsettias everywhere, garlands, etc..... the crew and guests seems to all be wearing Santa hats around. I've been wearing a pair of reindeer antlers given to me by my secret santa - someone in the cast. Last night the cruise division had a wrapping party - we had to wrap over 500 gifts - one for every kid on board this week, so they can each get one. It took us about an hour and a half, with all of us working hard, taking up the entire floor of one of the conference rooms. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve for us, and we'll start all the planned events. Everyone is looking forward to it.

This week has been a fun one for going ashore - we're back in the south pacific islands, and we went to the beach 2 days in a row in Isle of Pines and Mystery Island, for some really great snorkeling. One of my favorite things to find is Nemo. Seriously - they are everywhere if you know how to look here. You find a big anenome, and watch for them hiding inside it. There are a few different types of clownfish or anenome fish (Nemo's real name), and seeing different colors and varieties is fun for me. I also love swimming up to the big clams and watching them close in reaction. The snorkeling was amazing both days. Its been nice to enjoy to warmer weather after spending a couple weeks in NZ.

Two more sleeps til Christmas!!

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I wonder what those giant clams are thinking as you approach them in your snorkel mask. Quick! Another one of those scary big-eyed tourists approaching. Shut yourself up!

Dear ol' Dad said...

Hillsongs Christmas Show, wrapping 500 presents, 2 days at the beach, snorkling and buzz diving clams?... I'm tired just thinking about it. Wish I coulda' been at the Hillsongs Christmas Show though.