Mont Blanc

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Almost there!

We will finally be in Hawaii tomorrow!!!! I can't wait! It has been around 80 degrees for the past couple days, with gorgeous blue skies. It already feels tropical, and tomorrow I'll get my first sight of the islands. We start on the big island tomorrow, in Hilo. Unfortunately we have a rehearsal to work around, so I won't have as much time as I'd like, but whatever happens I will enjoy being in Hawaii. I can't wait to watch my first official Hawaiian sunset and take pictures!

The crossing has gone by very quickly so far, these 5 sea days have really flown by. Keeping busy helps a lot. The big test will be next cruise, with a total of 12 sea days....we'll cross that, well, ocean, when we come to it. :-) Thankfully the sea days are broken up into 2 segments so it'll be manageable.

We worked with a comedian/vocal impressionist named Roger Behr this week, who is apparently pretty well known. He was easy to work with, and told the band jokes before and after every show. A lot of them went over my head, but I appreciated the thought.

I met a fellow trombonist yesterday - he recognized me when I was walking around the ship, and is probably the only person on board to notice that I used a different trombone for Lionardo's show than for Roger's. I love meeting people like that. :-) It makes the extra effort I put in to bring that second trombone along feel worth it. There really are some shows that sound much better with my F-attachment large bore. Hooray! Ok, no more trombone-speak.

Well, I will do my best to post throughout my days in Hawaii, but don't be surprised if I wait til the end and then play catch-up. I plan to be very busy and have lots of adventures. Hawaii, here I come!!!

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

By now you are there already!!!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I love you. Mom