Mont Blanc

Sunday, July 25, 2010

New room, new roommate, new jobs, new shoes.

I feel like my new life here is beginning! I am all settled into my new, bigger cabin, enjoying the space, and the bottom bunk. I did some shopping last Thursday in Victoria to decorate my cabin - I got a whole set of matching throw pillows at a thrift store that have allowed my bunk to also be a couch - I line the pillows all up along the wall, and it looks great. It is wonderful to just be able to sit on my bunk and relax, something you really can't do on the top bunk. I have so much more storage space as well, which I am putting to good use as I seem to have been designated the heiress of everything the old cast left behind, like clothes, pillows, blankets, kettles, alcohol, a humidifier, and even a completely useless rock garden, which I admit I've already thrown away. But basically, I am completely set up for the rest of my contract, with everything I could ever want and more. My new roommate is Monica Hall, from the east coast of the US, and she is brand new to ships, wandering around in a daze and completely overwhelmed. She will be ok eventually, I'm trying to encourage her and calm her nerves as best I can. I get along with her well so far. I can't wait to hear her sing in their debut performance, which won't be til the end of the week.

I started two new side jobs yesterday, Port and Shopping and the Art Auction. It is really nice to be busy on the sea days, and nice to have a chance to interact with guests, something my job doesn't normally afford me the opportunity to do. Spending money also does not go amiss. Today I did some shoe shopping with two of my girl friends on the ship, and now all three of us are in rather high spirits, all the while disgusted with ourselves that buying new shoes should afford us so much happiness.

Also last Thursday, I went on a tour to the famous Butchart Gardens in Victoria. I must agree with the critics - the gardens are absolutely breathtaking. It is like a paradise of flowers and green living things. My camera is all worn out, and I can't wait to go back another time to enjoy the beauty some more. My tour included High Tea in the Butchart house, which was also fantastic. I'm still recovering from the delicious riot of sugar and carbohydrates. Altogether, its been a wonderful week since the last time I was here in Juneau. Bring on the next!

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Andrea and new shoes AGAIN!!! Remember, you only have two feet! I love you..(and all of your "interesting" obsessions!)

Chelsea Smith said...

Glad you were able to get everything in the new room and snag that bottom bunk before your new roommate got there!

PS. I recently just bought what I think I can say was my first SEXY pair of shoes. they are so cute!!!