Our first port of call this cruise was Cartagena, Spain, a port I have been to only once before, on a previous crossing when I was on the Celebrity Century. Its a beautiful port, and I was excited to visit it again. I succeeded in seeing some new things this time as well. I went out with three of my friends, and we picked something somewhat randomly from the recommended "things to see" list on the tourist map. We walked up to Concepcion Castle, explored a little bit and enjoyed some amazing views from the top of that hill. It was quite a hike, but well worth the view. After we finished, we ended up at the very same cafe I remember eating at almost exactly one year ago, which was pretty surreal.
After one sea day in between, today we arrived in Funchal, Madeira - an island belonging to Portugal. It is gorgeous! I got off as soon as the ship was cleared since I had to be back early for rehearsal. I spent this day on my own, wandering around town and some gardens, doing some shopping and sightseeing. One highlight of the day was buying some fresh-made Madeira style bread, with melted gralic butter on it....wow. One of the best things I've had in a while. (reminded me of the rolls with garlic butter they have at the Cottage in Rim Forest, for those of you who know...:-))
I came back on board in time for rehearsal, for a guest entertainer who goes by Count Dima, and makes much of his Romanian=transylvania=dracula heritage. You think you've seen it all......and you have to play this show..... Here is a link to a video of a bit that he did in the show, that he calls his "Draculaphone" for some unknown reason. Sometimes there are just no words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0sceTkhA7c
Mont Blanc
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HERE ARE SOME WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE ENTERTAINER...BIZARRE....HOPE HIS MOTHER NEVER SEES THIS VIDEO. Sad thing is, it is kind of "percussiony" I could see Tyler trying this!!! ...(AND I HOPE HIS MOTHER NEVER SEES HIS VIDEO.)
Post a Comment