Mont Blanc

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

another day in the life

Yesterday I met a freshman trombone major, he introduced himself to me after the set. I talked to him for a little bit then, and then we decided to meet today so he could pick my brain about my job here. It was really neat to talk to him, especially because I know what its like to be where he is, wondering what's next and what the cruise ship gig is about, and I was really happy to help and give him some advice.

Tonight we performed with Kenny James, a vocalist who won the old tv show Star Search some 13 times or something. His show was fun to play, and he is really good at what he does. His 17 year old son was on board, and is actually a bass player, so he sat in for the show. He was a great player. Probably my favorite song in the show was a duet between him and his dad, just bass and voice, with a grooving, slap-bass version of Misty. You'd probably have to hear it to understand, but take my word for it, it was pretty cool. Tomorrow we have the day off, except for the shifts of new-years-balloon-inflating that we have to cover. Seriously. Everyone is helping - we need a LOT of balloons. Just another day in the life....

1 comment:

Ryanski said...

Happy balloon day!