Mont Blanc

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Almost to land!

After six days at sea, we are finally approaching land again! Tomorrow we spend the day in Nassau, Bahamas, a port I visited a lot during my time on the Norwegian Majesty. It will be nice to have a stop in a familiar place, and nice just to be docked! Unfortunately we have to have a "boat drill", followed by a rehearsal for a show, so we won't be getting off the ship until around noon, but we'll have a few precious hours ashore. Everyone cannot WAIT to get off the ship after six sea days - we plan to take advantage of it because after tomorrow come 2 more sea days, followed by our first stop in Galveston, Texas, USA, where we won't be able to disembark the ship at all except to go through all-crew immigration (darn U.S. Customs to Hades), followed by two more sea days. So the next chance we'll have to get out will be in Cozumel, Mexico.

But despite our anxiety to step foot on dry land, the crossing has been absolutely beautiful all the way through. It has been nicer weather than any crossing I have ever done before (only 2 prior to this, but still), with sunny days every day and little to no rocking. Better than I could have hoped for. I haven't been bored at all, and have actually liked not feeling the pressure that I should be getting off the ship and sightseeing. My friend Tatiana and I have been making a point to go out on the bow of the ship to watch the sunsets, and I even got up for a few spectacular sunrises. There is so much beauty all around, and I feel so lucky to be here.

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

Glad you are getting close to the shores of America! Love You. See you soonish.