Mont Blanc

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Yesterday we finally docked in Marseille - one of my favorite ports. We've been unable to dock there since I arrived because of high winds, so for 3 weeks we had sea days instead. But this week the seas have been extraordinarily calm, and we were finally able to make it to Marseille. We only had a few free hours after crew boat drill (which I swear gets longer and longer every week), but Dan, Mike and I managed to make it out for lunch. I had some incredible eggplant parmesan....it really defies description so I'll just say it was really good. Mmm....still dreaming about it. And, of course, when in France.....I had creme brulee for dessert. Not for the first time this week....I must admit I had another one just the day before when Dan and I made a trip to Cannes for the day. I love eating out in France, there is such great food! Its isn't helping me save money, though. Everyone says it'll be much easier to save money in the Caribbean in a month or so, and I believe them. I plan on spending a lot of days on the beach and spending no money. But for now I can enjoy the food, right??

So Thriller was a big success. I did get a little nervous and mess up a bit in the heat of battle...but hopefully nobody noticed. It was a lot of fun, and that's what's important. Dan and I spent 2 hours getting ready, with our costumes and face paint and fake blood to look like the undead - the end result was pretty horrific, much to our satisfaction. We were both pretty unrecognizable. Some good photos will follow eventually, I promise. Probably one of the best moments was when all 2 dozen of us met just before the performance and took pictures, admiring each other's scary appearances. Everyone went all out and looked really fantastic. Afterwards we hung out a bit at the Halloween party, I stayed out until I couldn't stand wearing all that make-up and looking horrific any longer. I've showered and scrubbed several times, but I think I still have some blotches of paint here and there. I guess they are my souvenirs. The crew have a Halloween party later on this week (belated, of course), and I'm just going to wear a witch's hat and black nails and call it even. I feel I've already done way more than my share for Halloween this year.

3 comments:

Yo Mama said...

When in France, eat like the tourists do! Sounds delicious.
Can't wait to see those Thriller photos!

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness! Just live, laugh, and enjoy every minute of it. You could be in a classroom or sitting behind a desk, wishing for a better life. This is it!!!

Unknown said...

I have a friend from the Nethelands that told me his current location was Barcelona. So, naturally, you came to mind. The world has become such a small community as opposed to a collections of distance lands. Continue the journey and enjoy every moment of it! I pulled out my Sax, but I don't think the magic is there! Thanks for the updates...