Mont Blanc

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week 3 begins...

Today I'm in Charleston, hanging out with one of the cruise staff, a new friend of mine named Teal.  She and I have really connected and been hanging out and talking a bit.  She took me to her favorite hangout - a place called Caviar and Bananas.  Yep, there's free wifi, you guessed it.  Its a neat place, with everything from coffee to groceries, a bistro and a salad bar, and yes, caviar and bananas.  

Last night was a fun night.  It was our original drummer Jeremy's last night on the ship, so we all went out to the restaurant for a nice dinner between shows.   The new drummer is Tim, a British guy who was here before, and is dating one of the dancers in the cast.  We also got a guitarist today, Alejandro.  I'm excited to play with a guitarist in the band!  He used to be here as well, a few months ago.  We also get a couple of new acts, losing the comedians we've had on board for week and weeks.  

After the shows I was getting ready for bed when the big announcement was made - we were"go" for movie night!  Apparently its a tradition to sneak  up into the kids center (we aren't allowed in guest areas after 2am) where there is a big screen T.V. and all watch a movie.  Last night was Twilight, which just came out on video recently and all the girls on staff were dying to see.  So we watched it up there all together in out p.j.'s sitting on beanbags and the floor (Bring Your Own Pillow), and had a blast.  But as a result I didn't get to bed until after 3am...and I'm pretty tired.  Ready for a new cruise to begin today!!!  Ha ha.

1 comment:

Yo Mama said...

This ship sounds a little more friendly in having casual events for the crew to enjoy. Sounds a little bit too much like a vacation to me! :-) Enjoy!