I just realized that we only come to this port one more time before I leave!! how crazy is that? This is my second to last night in Mykonos. I was going to spend the day with Hayden, but his laundry was taking too long and I got tired of waiting so I came out by myself. It was actually a really nice evening. We didn't get here until after 4pm because we were delayed by all the wind and waves we were fighting yesterday. A really big wave hit the ship at like 4am and really freaked me out. Lisa and I were both laying on our beds in the afternoon because we were feeling a bit nauseous. But the show went really well in spite of the rocking ship. We had a 2 and a half hour rehearsal, which is unusually long, but the show was one of the best I've ever played. The singer is a black guy named Michel Bell, and his voice was pretty incredible. He is a true bass, and sang some amazing stuff, finishing with Old Man River, of course. One of the songs was a dixieland style piece, and the horn section got to get out from behind our stands and walk out to the front of the stage improvising dixie-style. It was awesome.
So my evening in Mykonos was wonderful. I got off the ship around 5:30pm, did some shopping, and then ate a gyro while watching the sunset. (Pictures to come - it was a good one!!) I've never wandered around the town at night, so I enjoyed that for a while. Then I went to my favorite restaurant and had a chocolate crepe, as usual. And then I came here to the internet cafe, and here I am enjoying my second cappuccino and looking out the window at the lighted ships in the harbor. It is beautiful and relaxing.
For those of you without Facebook, here are some links to two new albums I've posted: enjoy!
http://apu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31263151&l=9a233&id=56903845
http://apu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31258974&l=08c8c&id=56903845
Mont Blanc
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good day, and that time seems to be going fast for you now. You metioning that chocolate crepe reminded me of that restaurant we went to "Crepes and Grapes" right before swing dancing that one time... We should go back there when you come home, I miss swing dancing with you... :D
Post a Comment