We had a day off yesterday, which was really nice. Marie and I watched a movie together and and relaxed most of the day. Our luck continues, because tonight we are off again! Actually, the reason is that the guest entertainer, a soprano named Izzy (a show I haven't done yet), came down sick and postponed her show. So tonight in her place they have Bob Arno, a professional pickpocket - if you can believe that. He's amazing - I've seen him take the same guy's watch, glasses, and tie without him noticing!! He's a funny guy, too. Anyway, when they moved Bob to tonight, no-one thought to give us something to do (usually we'd be playing jazz sets or big band or something during his show), so we're off again. We have plan's though - today is Lisa's (new sax girl) birthday. So we requested to eat in the restaurant, and hopefully we'll find a cake for her. I hope this makes her feel more welcome - she's having a hard time because she doesn't speak English very well at all, and by some miscommunication was hired even though she doesn't double on clarinet (she bought hers three days before she came here)....the poor girl has been practicing clarinet every spare minute. I hope tonight is good for her.
Oh, and I saw dolphins the other day!! Only two or three, and really far away, but still! It made my day. I've also seen a lot of Jellyfish, which makes me scared to swim around here....oh well. They're small. :-)
Mont Blanc
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish your new doubler luck. Clarinet is not always easy to just pick up. I miss you Andrea!
Is "smallness" supposed to negate "scary-ness"? Ha!
Post a Comment